International transfer using Bank of Ireland

General topic discussion forum
Delta
Seasoned Member

International transfer using Bank of Ireland

Post by Delta » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:26 am

Has anyone done an international transfer to India using Bank of Ireland 365online banking ?

I want to transfer some money to India. Do I need to use something like money2india or remit2india ?

Has anyone has any experience of using either moneyto india or remit2india (or a third thing) to send money to India using bank of Ireland account ? I would be grateful if you can guide me. I specifically want to know the country for the beneficiary that I should use (India or Germany where the intermediate banks are).

praveen.pratapani
Seasoned Member

Re: International transfer using Bank of Ireland

Post by praveen.pratapani » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 am

I used money to India.

You need to register with Money2 India and fill in all the details like beneficiary bank (Indian bank) and cheque details if you are sending money through Cheque.

You can take a printout of this and send the Cheque to post box located in UK. It will take min. 10 days and you can track the payment online.

You can get more details on the website.

Praveen

saivaranath
Seasoned Member

Post by saivaranath » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Hai,
I transfered money to India with BOI.It took around 25 days to reach the amount.My sugesion dont transfer through BOI.Better use AIB.

Godfrey

Post by Godfrey » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:16 am

saivaranath wrote:Hai,
I transfered money to India with BOI.It took around 25 days to reach the amount.My sugesion dont transfer through BOI.Better use AIB.
Hi ,
I certainly agree with you. Nice information that you have shared with us.
It was really very helpful for me.
Thanks..

brazen_dude

Post by brazen_dude » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:27 pm

I recently used BOI for money transfer to india.... surprise surprise...funds appeared on 5th day in my account... but i reckon AIB provides faster and reliable service compared to boi...

coop

Post by coop » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 pm

BOI are rubbish for transfers to India.

I do all my larger transfers through www.currency.ie or XXXXXXXXXXX.com as they are known,
Their rates are better than the banks and unlike icici and the others they stick to their rate.

madnil

Post by madnil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Axis remit is good. http://www.axisbank.com is the site. Transfer fee only 25Rs. and has good exchange rates. Money goes to your Indian account in 4-5 days. AIB is definitely better than BOI.

MARATAMIZHAN
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Post by MARATAMIZHAN » Thu May 14, 2009 8:57 pm

hellow everybody...,

I have bad experience on AIB bank two days ago. i checked on internet 1 euro = 67.4 rs. but they gave 65.4 conversion.
could you please tell me how much secure transfer money through following site to india.. actually i have online account on AIB & BANK OF IRELAND. unbelievable the following site rates shows very very good money rate. please confirm could i use the following sites to transfer around 10,000 euro. if i register with them what details they ask ...can i give my bank details ...is this safe way for my money transfer...please advise.

http://www.axisbank.com & www.currency.ie