Rescue plane

General topic discussion forum
Lon2Dub2
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Rescue plane

Post by Lon2Dub2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:12 pm

HI All,
Is anyone desperate to return back to India? I am. I am not sure if they will open the airports in India even after the lockdown. And with every passing day I am becoming jittery. I want to be with my family. If we are in the same boat we could collectively send a representation to the Indian embassy to arrange us special flight.

I remember a number of UK students had send a representation to the Indian govt/embassy to pick them up.

Lon2Dub2
Seasoned Member

Re: Rescue plane

Post by Lon2Dub2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:22 pm

I even thought of unorthodox flight plans. The prospects are bleak at the moment.

1. Fly to Nepal. Enter India through land after lockdown. Doesn't look promising as Nepal has also closed airports and would adopt the same approach as India.

2. Fly to Thailand. Fly to Bhutan from Thailand. Reach India by road after lock down. This seems possible till Thailand closes the airports

3. Fly to Srilanka. Travel by road to Jaffna or any other north sea town like Point Pedro. Hitchhike a ride in a Srilankan boat and reach Kodikkarai, TN.
Srilanka has closed it airports indefinitely.

HereIam

Post by HereIam » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 am

It is hard times, indeed. I think I will just wait and see, sooner or later it will be possible to get home again.

Lon2Dub2
Seasoned Member

Post by Lon2Dub2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:18 pm

If you are a non resident Tamil and wish to go back to India you can register your details here:

https://nonresidenttamil.org/

rawat.archna
Seasoned Member

Post by rawat.archna » Fri May 01, 2020 5:54 pm

Lon2Dub2 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:22 pm
I even thought of unorthodox flight plans. The prospects are bleak at the moment.

1. Fly to Nepal. Enter India through land after lockdown. Doesn't look promising as Nepal has also closed airports and would adopt the same approach as India.

2. Fly to Thailand. Fly to Bhutan from Thailand. Reach India by road after lock down. This seems possible till Thailand closes the airports

3. Fly to Srilanka. Travel by road to Jaffna or any other north sea town like Point Pedro. Hitchhike a ride in a Srilankan boat and reach Kodikkarai, TN.

by Lon2Dub2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:18 pm

If you are a non resident Tamil and wish to go back to India you can register your details here:

Wow .. I just read this thread. Reading your original post made me think you are crazy ... now your recent post shows how you want to divide Indian people based on tamil, telgu etc .... seriously only Tamil people should be rescued by Indian government .. you don't deserve to be outside India anyways ... go back you<<MOD WARNING>>

Lon2Dub2
Seasoned Member

Post by Lon2Dub2 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:45 am

Archana,
Have you posted anything sensible on this site? I don't even know why the admin allows this person to continue on this site. What is your problem if I post a website meant for Tamils? My state at least cares for the welfare of its people. If your state or the place you hail from cares, please feel free to post it here or elsewhere . Kerala govt has also opened a similar portal for Malayalees and close to 400,000 people have registered in that site. Would you have a problem with that as well? Go ahead. I would really like to see whats being done by your state to repatriate people separated from their families.

I will not be responding any further to your posts as my parents have raised me well.

amit@dublin

Post by amit@dublin » Sat May 02, 2020 2:58 pm

Lon2Dub2 wrote:

Hi Lon2Dub2,

Thanks for posting the options. Quite a lot of research went into that post for sure. I'm looking for a repatriation flight to India as well. I registered with the Indian mission in Dublin for a notification when flights are available. Fingers crossed.

The options are:
1) Wait for the Indian Government organized repatriation flights (mid-May). Check out:
- https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-news ... VdwdN.html
- https://www.indianeagle.com/travelbeats ... h7vHd2AtYU

2) Wait for airlines to begin operating at a 25% capacity (sometime in June).

3) Get a vote on how many people are interested in a charter flight. An individuals that wanted to return to the US from India explored that option, and a 100 people signed up! The flight will be *very* expensive, but it's an option.

Thanks,
Amit

rawat.archna
Seasoned Member

Post by rawat.archna » Mon May 04, 2020 3:32 pm

jackram
Seasoned Member

Post by jackram » Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 am

Intention was correct, people misinterpret the information wrong way and conclude too soon. As per MOEA flight plans are based on destination, for example some flights go from UK/US to certain destinations in india depending on number of expats hailing from certain states. It doesn't mean it is discriminatory to any state/race but is only based on registered travellers who wish to return back.

These registrations are very important for planning by Indian Govt irrespective which community they belong as there is no point if 70% of travellers would like to travel to say Mumbai but there is no point arriving in Delhi/Chennai/Bangalore as logistics would be difficult for 30%.

Wish all safe return whoever is travelling back to India in these adverse times

googol
Seasoned Member

Post by googol » Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm

rawat.archna wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:54 pm
Lon2Dub2 wrote:

by Lon2Dub2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Wow .. I just read this thread. Reading your original post made me think you are crazy ... now your recent post shows how you want to divide Indian people based on tamil, telgu etc .... seriously only Tamil people should be rescued by Indian government .. you don't deserve to be outside India anyways ... go back you<<MOD WARNING>>
as if Indian people are not yet divided yet. :roll:
north-south
hindu-..........
congi-sanghi

rawat.archna
Seasoned Member

Post by rawat.archna » Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Lon2Dub2 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:45 am
Archana,
Have you posted anything sensible on this site? I don't even know why the admin allows this person to continue on this site. What is your problem if I post a website meant for Tamils? My state at least cares for the welfare of its people. If your state or the place you hail from cares, please feel free to post it here or elsewhere . Kerala govt has also opened a similar portal for Malayalees and close to 400,000 people have registered in that site. Would you have a problem with that as well? Go ahead. I would really like to see whats being done by your state to repatriate people separated from their families.

I will not be responding any further to your posts as my parents have raised me well.
Hello original poster, did you know that air India lifted people from Ireland to India? Or are you still stuck on the route between Thailand, Sri Lanka or Bhutan?

Or perhaps still being a cry baby and complaining to the admin about my post ...

Simplyvikrant
Seasoned Member

Post by Simplyvikrant » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Another one will go on 2nd June too