Travelling to India through UK (London Heathrow)

General topic discussion forum
travelbug
Antispam: No

Travelling to India through UK (London Heathrow)

Post by travelbug » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I am on a stamp4 visa. I will be travelling to India through London Heathrow Airport in a month's time. I need to change from Terminal 2 to Terminal 5 to catch the flight to India. Similarly, I need to change from Terminal 5 to Terminal 2. I don't need to collect the bags during the transit. Do I need a transit visa? The GOV.UK website is quite confusing, especially if we are travelling from Ireland. Also, is it possible to take the transit visa at the airport, if stopped by boarder control guys? Please let me know, thanks in advance.

KGOEL
Seasoned Member

Re: Travelling to India through UK (London Heathrow)

Post by KGOEL » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm

no you don't need transit visa - there is no passport control for the flight from Dublin to LHR
make sure you have your IRP just in case

gvgdhar
Seasoned Member

Post by gvgdhar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:39 pm

travelbug wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:02 pm
The GOV.UK website is quite confusing, especially if we are travelling from Ireland.
Its already discussed. a simple search should bring you to this viewtopic.php?t=50887
Type D visa by an EEA country, which includes Ireland doesnt need a transit visa

bkolli

Post by bkolli » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:16 pm

You don't need any visa. Just be careful while you come out. Make sure you are not coming out completely and there will be no border control.

Small Advise: Next time if somebody books flight to LHR, make sure you're connecting flight is also British airways rather Aer Lingus which is much easier and no need to change terminals in this case.