More information requested from Irish Naturalization

General topic discussion forum
ga.agrawal
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 13
Antispam: No

More information requested from Irish Naturalization

Post by ga.agrawal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello All,

I submitted by Irish Naturalization application last week with all the required documentations, forms etc. Yesterday, received a post from them requesting for additional information. One of which seems strange to me and not sure how to answer. They mentioned that the signature on my passport (issued in 2012) and the signature on statutory declaration on the naturalization form is inconsistent. They asked me to provide a written (not typed) letter of explanation for this inconsistency. I do not recollect any circumstances that would have caused such discrepancy. May be it was just a slip of hand or the hurry to get all the documents signed infront of Solicitor, that there was a difference noticeable. But I have not changed my signature any point of time and it could just be due to elapsed time between passport or slip of hand/hurry while signing the document in front of Solicitor.

Has anyone got similar query from them earlier? What should be the response?

Appreciate your valuable feedback.

Thank you.

indianzeppelin
Seasoned Member

Re: More information requested from Irish Naturalization

Post by indianzeppelin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:13 pm

ga.agrawal wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm
Hello All,

I submitted by Irish Naturalization application last week with all the required documentations, forms etc. Yesterday, received a post from them requesting for additional information. One of which seems strange to me and not sure how to answer. They mentioned that the signature on my passport (issued in 2012) and the signature on statutory declaration on the naturalization form is inconsistent. They asked me to provide a written (not typed) letter of explanation for this inconsistency. I do not recollect any circumstances that would have caused such discrepancy. May be it was just a slip of hand or the hurry to get all the documents signed infront of Solicitor, that there was a difference noticeable. But I have not changed my signature any point of time and it could just be due to elapsed time between passport or slip of hand/hurry while signing the document in front of Solicitor.

Thank you.
Never heard of anyone getting such a query! My own signature is always slightly different every time I sign anything but never faced any problem.
Did you make a scan/copy of your completed application form before you submitted it? If not, check the signature on your passport (I'm sure you have a scan/copy of that) to look for any distortions/artefacts in the signature image.

Anyway, the best thing to do is to be honest about it (that you haven't changed your signature at all and that any inconsistency they see is inadvertent). Maybe get some advice from a solicitor on how to word the explanation.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 pm

ga.agrawal wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm
They mentioned that the signature on my passport (issued in 2012) and the signature on statutory declaration on the naturalization form is inconsistent. They asked me to provide a written (not typed) letter of explanation for this inconsistency. I do not recollect any circumstances that would have caused such discrepancy. May be it was just a slip of hand or the hurry to get all the documents signed infront of Solicitor, that there was a difference noticeable. But I have not changed my signature any point of time and it could just be due to elapsed time between passport or slip of hand/hurry while signing the document in front of Solicitor.

Thank you.
Did you not keep a copy of filled naturalisation form before you sent it through post? It is always advisable to do so - it helps to compare if any queries are raised later on. Your explaination is genuine and you can send the same to INIS. You can self attest a copy of 2012 passport and send that along to show you self-certify your signature.

ga.agrawal

Post by ga.agrawal » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 am

Thank you all for the replies. I already posted the reply to them with the explanation I have not changed the signature. That was sent on around 15th March. I missed out on keeping a copy of the filled application form. Realized I should have done that only after posting it :(

By the way, does anyone know the recent timelines for the process? So I posted all my documents with application form around 26th Feb and got my passport back along with additional information that I mentioned in a week's time. The response I posted them around 15th March but haven't heard back anything since then. So wanted to check if anyone applied recently and what sort of timelines for correspondence from them we should expect?

Appreciate all your help and inputs.

Thank you.
Gaurav

gaurav_s
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 0

Post by gaurav_s » Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi Gaurav,

In of your previous post you had enquired about using Indian Embassy issued birth certificate. Can you please update here , did you submit Indian Embassy issued Birth Certificate and any other supporting document ?

Thanks,
Gaurav

ga.agrawal

Post by ga.agrawal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 am

Hi,

Yes I did submit the birth certificate issues from Indian Embassy in Dublin. No other supporting documents with that. Awaiting further response from INIS.

Kind Regards,
Gaurav