Schengen Visa application

General topic discussion forum
nirmal
Seasoned Member
Hand, cheese, ant, mosquito or blue: the colour is?: 13
Antispam: No

Schengen Visa application

Post by nirmal » Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 pm

As per rules of Schengen Visa application, re-entry visa to Ireland should be valid for 3 months from the date of return.
But in my case, I have to travel in 2nd week of July and my visa expires in the 3rd week of September which is around 2 months.
Also, I just checked that re-entry visa date is not available until mid-July. Will embassy consider case? or does it mean it's not possible to travel
at all?

zeno
Seasoned Member

Re: Schengen Visa application

Post by zeno » Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 pm

I am not sure which Schengen visa (at the Italian Embassy) you are planning to apply:
1. Tourist visa or
2. Business visa

As it is a work conference I would suggest business visa.
However, whatever visa it be (Tourist or Business), the requirement is that your GNIB card and Irish reentry visa must be valid at least for 90 days after your return from Italy. As you are finishing up on 16th July, I presume you will plan to return on 16th/17th July. Your Irish reentry visa is valid only until 20th September, which is a little over 2 months from 16th July. I am afraid you have to first renew your GNIB card and Irish reentry visa and then take appointment at the Italian Embassy in Dublin for Schengen visa. Please check the links below for information.

http://www.ambdublino.esteri.it/ambasci ... /#section1
http://www.ambdublino.esteri.it/ambasci ... /#Section2

First get appointment for GNIB card renewal. When you have that, you can get the Irish reentry visa through post. As it is for work related, I suggest to involve your company so that you get early appointment. During summer time it is very difficult to get appointment at the Italian Embassy!

nirmal
Seasoned Member

Post by nirmal » Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am

thanks for the reply. Now multiple issues.
== No appointment available until Aug for GNIB
== No Italian visa appointments until mid-July. How can I involve my corporate with this?

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am

nirmal wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am
thanks for the reply. Now multiple issues.
== No appointment available until Aug for GNIB
== No Italian visa appointments until mid-July. How can I involve my corporate with this?
Email Italian Embassy - ask them would they consider your case. Ask your HR to give you a letter that you will be traveling for business purpose. Scan that letter and attach with your email to the Italian Embassy.

nirmal
Seasoned Member

Post by nirmal » Wed May 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will follow your advice.

Just an update on GNIB. Yesterday I was able to get hold of appointment for GNIB for the same day in the evening.
I went there but they refused to renew card stating it is too early for renew.

zeno
Seasoned Member

Post by zeno » Wed May 24, 2017 2:10 pm

nirmal wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 12:50 pm
Thanks for the reply. I will follow your advice.

Just an update on GNIB. Yesterday I was able to get hold of appointment for GNIB for the same day in the evening.
I went there but they refused to renew card stating it is too early for renew.
Did you mention about your Italy travel? What was their response? What did they say when you mentioned the 90 day rule? Did they ask for your Italy travel evidence? They cannot deny you just like that - they must give some valid reason. What if the Italian Embassy rejects your visa application? Will GNIB be accountable for that?